Sunday, December 15, 2013

5 languages?!

Big news!!!!

I got invited to be part of the Hindi language class! I'm so so happy, I did a happy dance when I got my invitation! 

And I quote:
TO THOSE INVITED TO A LANGUAGE CLASS
Dear Brothers,
Recently you completed an application indicating your willingness to learn another language so that you could expand your ministry. We are happy to inform you that you have been enrolled in an upcoming class...  
I'm so happy to be able to start this new chapter in my life! The last couple of years have been full of changes, and I'm really looking forward to this one. The class starts on January 25th, and will be 4 months long. It will be every Saturday right after the Hindi meeting.

I realize it will be a lot of work, and that it might be hard at times. But with Jehovah's help, I'm confident that it will go really well.

It will be a big change also because I'll be leaving my home congregation. Roxboro will always have a very special place in my heart. It's seen me through good and bad times, and I've watched it change over the years. I've seen so many brothers and sisters join our congregation, stay for a bit, and then move on to somewhere else. I've shed many tears when close friends moved on to other parts of the globe throughout the years. And now it will be my turn to change congregations... It won't happen right away, but in the first months of the language class I'll switch over. I'm so so grateful for the love and support that I have from my wonderful congregation!!

So now I'm getting mentally prepared! I know that it will be very important for me to continue feeding myself spiritually in English, so I've been working on improving the quality of my personal study.

I'll be starting to learn my 5th language! I realized that the other day. English, French, Spanish, German, and now I'll start Hindi! The letter I received for the class mentions how important it will be to speak Hindi every single day. That's something I'll try hard to do.

So, here begins my Montreal adventure!!


5 comments:

  1. COOONGRATS my sister I am soooo excited for you that is such a blessing from Jehovah and I am sooo sure he will encourage you and strengthen you through it all something i'm learning with learning a foreign language is that personal study habits DO need to be on point..its so vital..but congrats again and I wish you well as you continue to expand your service to Jehovah!
    Much Love Always,
    India --India51_blue@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the encouragement India! I truly do feel blessed, and can't wait to take on this new challenge.
      I hope all is going well in your efforts in learning a language as well!!
      Agape,
      Cailey

      Delete
  2. So excited for you!! And VERY proud of you! Keep up all the amazing work, and you may be teaching me alot from your lessons! :)

    I'm so excited for you and your new journey! In the meantime, don't you want to teach the rest of us atleast a fraction of the languages you know? Haha.

    With love,
    Tiera

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tiera!! :) Thank you sister, and I will definitely keep you posted on what we'll be learning in the lessons once they start. And YOU keep up the good work too!!
      Until next time, here is one wordx5: goodbye, au revoir, adios, auf Wiedersehen, namaste! Hehe
      Agape,
      Cailey

      Delete
  3. Greetings from Montreal. Hope it is proving to be enjoyable for you.

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know who this is :)