Thursday, November 28, 2013

To Begin...

I have a blog!


Why am I starting now? I'm about to embark on my own personal adventure, of learning Hindi to be able to help the Montreal Hindi congregation. I applied to attend the language class, and am waiting for an answer with great excitement. I would like to be able to share this new challenge with my friends. A close friend moving to Spain as a need greater (I am going to miss her soooo much) told me about blogspot, and so here I am.


A little bit of my story... Since finishing my schooling in early 2012, I re-examined my priorities. After working full-time for 6 months and realizing that I wasn't giving Jehovah my best, I started auxiliary pioneering in November 2012. I was able to do so for 6 months. During that time, I got to grow closer than ever to Jehovah and to my dear brothers and sisters. I started enjoying service, and to be more involved with my congregation. I made close and true friendships with some wonderful pioneers that truly looked out for me, patiently helped me gain my confidence back, and shared their joy. Over the summer, the more I thought about what I wanted to do next, the more I knew that pioneering was the best way for me to spend my time and energy. So I started pioneering September 1! I can honestly say I've never been happier in my life. My ministry feels meaningful, and I truly enjoy it. I have an inner calm I've never had before, and I sleep like a baby!

How did Hindi and I connect? 

It's an 8-year long story. Maybe one day when I have time I'll write it all out. For now I'll just say that seeing Jehovah's hand in your life directing you in a certain direction is one of the most touching things I've experienced. Just talking about it with others, I've started crying (sooo embarrassing), not of sadness, but of happiness. If you put yourself in God's hands and are ready and willing to do whatever comes your way, you will definitely be put to good use.

I'm trying not to think too much about it as I wait for an official invitation to attend the class. Right now I'm focusing on improving my personal study habits, and the quality of my ministry. But I'm really excited!!! 

Some friends from my congregation and I wearing Indian outfits at the 2012 convention


5 comments:

  1. Cailey!
    Yay your first post! This is awesome! I'm so glad you reached out to me no my blog so I could keep in touch with you and follow along with you on your journey!

    This is still so amazing to me that there's a Hindi congregation in Canada! Another reason for me to come visit Canada!

    Congratulations on regular pioneering! I myself also graduate in ~5 months from trade school so I can support myself, I'm looking forward to trying to aux pioneer for a few months, then possible regular pioneering.

    Very proud of you even though I haven't met you, yet! Keep up the awesome work! Let's stay in touch! colestb7@gmail.com

    Agape!

    p.s. I love this pic of you ladies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tiera!

      Thank you, I'm happy to have cyber-met you too ;). It's always encouraging to know other brothers and sisters reaching out for the same goal.

      Yes, Montreal is full of languages! We have a lot of immigrants, and so a lot of needs in different languages. And there are Hindi groups and congregations in other parts of Canada too! What part of the States do you live in?

      Keep that goal of pioneering always in front of you Tiera, it is the best decision I've made! The Watchtower study today put it so nicely, the benefits are endless!

      Are you going to the special assembly day in New Jersey in April?

      Yes let's keep in touch! :)

      Delete
    2. That's amazing!
      Please shoot me an email so we can talk more! colestb7@gmail.com

      Tiera

      Delete
  2. HIIIIII Sister,
    It's sooo nice to have found your blog! My name is India and I live in Illinois! I currently also started regular pioneering in September..Such an awesome blessing that I'm glad Jehovah has allowed me to take advantage of! I looove your start to your blog all these blogs are motivating me to make one of my own! I looove it! An ASL group recently just started 2 minutes away from my house so I took it as a sign from Jehovah to take it up and start learning it i can definitely see hes blessing my efforts! A class is scheduled to start for ASL as well! MAAAAN, I hope you can get accepted I will TOTALLY keep you in my prayers! I TOTALLY know you will reach allllll of your goals with Jehovah's help and just if were keeping ourselves busy in his service hes got our back to the MAX!
    Love ya much,
    India ( India51_blue@yahoo.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi India! Thank you so much for the encouragement! I really hope all works out for you and ASL also! That will be a lovely new experience for you :)
      Agape,
      Cailey

      Delete

Please let me know who this is :)